Ministry of information Technology and Telecommunication invites application from dynamic professionals for the post of Member (Telecom) (MP-I Scale) as per details given below:
Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Telecommunication Engineering from HEC recognized local or foreign university with at least fifteen (15) years of experience including five (05) years of senior management level positions within the Telecom Industry. (Senior Level implies not below than N-2 level of reporting in an organization, where N denotes the Head of the Organization).
The Candidate’s professional credentials should include the following:
- Must possess sound knowledge of the state of the art telecommunication technologies and operational business dynamics of telecom, especially Next Generation Networks, IP Telephony, OFC System, Convergence and its related issues.
- Must have proven experience of leading teams of Professional through collaborative team culture.
- Must have experience to exhibit strong interpersonal skills for the growth of ICT sector.
- Must have demonstrated experience of crafting and implementing ICT Policies and Strategies for the growth of sector.
- Coordination and Communication skills.
The potential candidate is expected to:
- Provide expert technical advice on policy issues relating to Fixed Line, Cellular, Wireless Local Loop, Broadband, Mobile Broadband and Satellite Communications.
- Carryout analytical assessments regarding policy roadmap for emerging Information Communication Technology (ICT) solutions and technologies and related spectrum.
- Watch the interest of Government in public sector entities and oversee their performances.
- Create concise technology and policy briefings for the Government and thereby enabling effective decision-making.
- Conceptualize, seek approval and subsequently monitor of Telecom related development projects to be funded through Public Sector Development Program (PSDP).
- Conceptualize, approve and see performance of major GoP initiatives/programs like bridging the digital divide through provision of ICT services in the un-served and underserved areas, proliferation of Broadband services, capacity building for the Telecom sector and inculcation of Research and Development culture in the ICT sector.
- Effective liaison with Telecom Industry for sector development, ensuring that MoIT is kept at the forefront of technological understanding on cellular, fixed, wireless, data and
- Provide techno-economic modeling and expert advice in support of major government initiatives to increase both rural and urban connectivity and quality of services at an affordable competitive price.
- Monitor and interpret market developments and their implications for the sector.
- Provide research and analysis in support of MoIT policy initiatives and support for consultations, speeches and position papers.
UPPER AGE LIMIT: 62 years
CONDITION TO APPLY:
- In case of selection, candidates working in public/private Sector will have to either resign or seek retirement from their posts/service before joining new assignment. NOC from present employer in case of Government Servants is mandatory alongwith application.
- The initial period of contract appointment is two years (extendable).
- The position offers salary package/benefits as admissible under the Government MPs Scale package along with house rent and utilities allowance.
Candidates meeting the required criteria should submit their application at the URL address given below within Fifteen (15) days of publication of the advertisement. Candidates who prefer applying through post are required to fill in “Application Form for MP Scales” available on URL given below alongwith CV and submit hardcopy of the same at the address mentioned below within the specified period. Envelopes should clearly indicate the specific “Name of Post” against which application is being submitted. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. The Ministry believes in gender equality.
(Atif Rashid Khattak)
Section Officer (Admn)
Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication
7th Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad
Tele: 9210228, 9209785