Minimum LLB from HEC recognized University, preference will be given to candidates having higher legal qualifications.
Must have a valid license to practice law in the lower courts and high courts of Pakistan with atleast sixteen (16) years of experience (preferably with minimum three years at senior level role i.e. mature for registration with Supreme Court of Pakistan) of specifying dealing with civil, criminal service matters, rental, contractual service, labour law cases, recoveries and tax related cases, preferably in the ICT sector.
The candidate must have following professional credentials:
- Experience of drafting (i.e. formulation of rules, regulations, ordinance and Act etc.) and practicing law, preferably in IT & Telecom.
- Enrolled as Advocate of Supreme Court of Pakistan will be considered as an additional qualification.
- Knowledge of practice related to ICT and able to handle complex legal issues of ICT.
- Commitment to professionalism, discipline and integrity.
- Understanding of policy and regulatory matters of IT & Telecom.
- Solid experience in handling legal matters with successful outcomes and drafting contracts
- Experience to coordinate, organize and conduct stakeholder consultation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at national and international fora.
- Intense follow-up skills and the ability to simultaneously multi-task and manage multiple litigations and other legal issues.
- Strong leadership and team work skills
- Draft legislation, rules, regulations, ordinance and Act regarding Information Technology and Telecommunication sector.
- Provide legal expertise to senior officers in interpretation of various statutes/ laws and facilitate them in framing policies for the ICT sector.
- Represent MoITT in all legal proceedings/litigation in the court of law.
- The Member Legal shall not enter into any activity/assignment which has conflict of interests in his performance on legal issues of MoITT.
- Provide effective leadership with strategies orientation to gear team efforts towards achievement of departmental objective.
- Advise on Legal and Regulatory affairs and perform all necessary acts on behalf of the Ministry involving legal & regulatory affairs, as and when directed by the Ministry.
- Give legal opinions, draft comments for court cases and represent the Ministry in Courts, if so required.
- Evaluate & vet contracts on behalf of the Ministry/Government of Pakistan.
- Interact with stake holders and private sector organizations in the field of IT & Telecommunication in order to receive feedback on legal issues involved in IT & Telecommunication sectors.
- Co-ordinate legal activities of different Directorates/Departments related to the Ministry.
- Provide legal counseling on issues related to international organizations & agencies like ITU, WTO, UNCITRAL, UNCTAD, FACT etc. IT companies and international organizations Consultants etc. on Legal and Regulatory matters, as and when directed by the Ministry.
- Administer and manage the Legal section of the Ministry.
- Facilitate and Organize workshops and seminars for consultations.
- Any other task specifically assigned by the Ministry.
UPPER AGE LIMIT: 55 years
CONDITION TO APPLY:
- In case of selection, candidates working in public/private Sector will have to either resign or seek retirement from their posts/service before joining new assignment. NOC from present employer, in case of Government Servants is mandatory at time of applying.
- The initial period of contract appointment is two years (extendable).
- The position offers salary package/benefits as admissible under the Government MPs Scale package along with house rent and utilities allowance.
Candidates meeting the required criteria should submit their application at the URL address given below within Fifteen (15) days of publication of the advertisement. Candidates who prefer applying through post are required to fill in “Application Form for MP Scales” available on URL given below alongwith CV and submit hardcopy of the same at the address mentioned below within the specified period. Envelopes should clearly indicate the specific “Name of Post” against which application is being submitted. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. The Ministry believes in gender equality.
(Atif Rashid Khattak)
Section Officer (Admn)
Ministry of Information Technology
7th Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad
Tele: 9210228, 9209785